Non-Autism Books of Interest - 1992
- Barbara Azrialy.
- The Sibling
Includes passages from articles and books the author researched, interviews with over 200 siblings, and her own experiences as a sister of two retarded brothers and as a special education teacher.
- James Braly & Laura Torbet.
- Dr. Braly's Food Allergy and Nutrition Revolution: For Permanent Weight Loss and a Longer, Healthier Life
ISBN: 0879835907 (paperback, 510 pages, reprint edition).
- Pearl S. Buck.
- The Child Who Never Grew
(Woodbine House, 1992).
Reprint of book published in 1950. Account of child with PKU (a condition which sometimes includes autistic symptoms). http://www.woodbinehouse.com/cwng.html
ISBN: 0933149492 (paperback, 112 pages).
- Katharine G. Butler, editor, Douglas Biklen, editor & Rosemary Crossley, editor.
- Facilitated Communication: Implications for People with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities
(Fredrick, MD: Aspen, 1992).
Part of the series Topics in Language Disorders.
Volume 12, Number 4 in the series.
ISBN: 9992291087 (paperback, 98 pages).
- A.J. Collins, ed.
- Facilitated Communication: A reference book
(Annandale, Va.: National Association of Private Residential Resources, 1992).
- William Crook.
- Yeast Connection
ISBN: 0394747003 (paperback, 434 pages, second edition, Vintage books 1986).
- Joan F. Goodman & Robert Coles.
- When Slow is Fast Enough: Educating the Delayed Preschool Child
(Guilford Press, 1992).
About early intervention programs for developmentally disabled children, including autistic children.
ISBN: 0898627931 (hardcover, 306 pages); ISBN: 0898624916 (paperback, 306 pages, 1993).
- Carol Gray.
- The Success as an Educational Outcome
- Carol Gray.
- Taming the Recess JuNgLe
(Jenison Public Schools, Michigan, 1992).
ISBN: 188547721X (paperback, Future Horizons, 1993).
- Stanley I. Greenspan.
- Infancy and Early Childhood: The Practice of Clinical Assessment and Intervention with Emotional and Developmental Challenges
(Madison, CT: International University Press, 1992).
ISBN: 0823626334 (hardcover).
- Jowonio School.
- First Words: Facilitated Communication and the Inclusion of Young Children
(Syracuse: Author, 1992).
- W. McNabb, ed.
- The Handbook of Facilitated Communication
(Vashon Island: Northwest Centre for Information Resources, 1992).
Reprint of DEAL pamphlets
- David A. Morton III.
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability
(Fine Books, 1992).
ISBN: 0963446401 .
- Michael T. Murray.
- The Healing Power of Herbs, 2nd edition
(Prima Publishing, 1992).
ISBN: 1559587008 (paperback, 432 pages).
- Stephen Nowicki & Marshall P. Duke.
- Helping the Child Who Doesn't Fit in
(Peachtree Publishers, 1992).
ISBN: 1561450251 (paperback, 178 pages, ISBN-13: 978-1561450251).
- L. Olsen, S. Gurry, A. Larkin & M. Mcsheehan.
- A Training Guide to Facilitated Communication Use; implications for use with adults in community settings
(Cambridge, MA.: Lesley College, 1992).
- Annagret Shubert.
- Facilitated Communication Resource Guide